Monday, December 19, 2011

Gettin Creative, Crunk and Crafty! - Part I

  Okay, so since my last post I have been working on various projects.  I have tried my hand at a few things for the first time, like free hand painting, antiquing and other various creative things.  I must say I am more than pleased with my artistic progression, since it had become doormat in the whirlwind of the last 8 years.  That whirlwind had been compiled of working, growing up, having 3 kids, getting married, my husband's father passing away, my father passing away and still trying to remember who your are and what makes your heart beat, so to speak.

Before
  My first project started over the summer by antiquing our living room furniture that we bought at Ashley's 7 years ago.  Initially we were just going to toss it, but after not selling it on craigslist I figured they were the perfect pieces to try antiquing on!  I had asked a family friend that is well "schooled" at this sort of thing and watched a couple of Youtube videos and gave it a go!  I have been a stay at home mom now for a year and this is what I worked on over the summer in between dropping off/picking up my 1st grader and taking care of my 2 and 4 year old.  I am so excited to say I am done, well almost, lol!  I really like how they turned out!  :D
After
(I still have to do the sides that aren't distressed)
  After
(I don't have a before of these two tables, but they were the exact same color as the coffee table)

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative. The tables look craft. I am crafty but dont think I could do what you have done to those tables. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete