Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My First DIY Shabby Chic Project!

                                                                                                     Before

My Father was very humble, but a very proud Italian.  His Mother's was 100% Italian and a single mother of 4 boys.  Even if my Father didn't look like he could be Robert Deniro's brother he would have never given credit to anything other than his Italian roots!  The memories of his Mom and Aunts' growing up was one that always put a smile on his face.  Somewhere we inherited a set of lamps that had belonged to one of his Aunts.  When my Mom gave it to me after my Dad passed I didn't really realize that this is really one of the only pieces of my ancestory that I own; and to be quiet honest I had not treated them with the delicate nature that they deserved.  THANK GOD I never threw them away, because I did think I might use them one day.  So almost three years after my Dad has past here we are having recently moved into our first house and these lamps have finally found a home in our master bedroom.  I was SO EXCITED!  So then I had a vision.  After looking at a few craft stores I finally came across the stencil I was looking for and the rest is history.  Take a look at my before and after and tell me what you think!  I have only done one lampshade, b/c the other I want to put french writing on!!!  Still working on how to do it...


                                                                                                     After
OXXX Gorgeous,

Ange

2 comments:

  1. Great job ang, it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am a little late commenting, but I do want to say that I love these lamps and the stencil on the shade updated them beautifully!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete